The Phillip Snyder Farm - “The Yellow Rose of Texas”
Giclée Prints of Original Art by Gary Casteel
Farmsteads at the Gettysburg Battlefield
Limited Edition – Signed and Numbered by Gary Casteel
Limited to 100 numbered and signed
This is a Small 8.5” x 11” print
Built in 1831 – 35, this board and batten sided, log and frame home with outhouse on Warfield Ridge sits along the Emmitsburg Rd. near the intersection of Confederate Ave. Facing the Michael Bushman farm with both Big and Little Round Tops and Devils Den in the rear, this location became an important starting point for the men from Arkansas and Texas when pressing forward against the Union lines during Pickett’s Charge, July 2, 1863. Confederate General Hood would be grievously wounded during this advance and ultimately lose the use of his left arm.
The position of the Snyder house within the Confederate battle lines made it a likely headquarters for the officers of McLaw’s and Hood’s Divisions during the Battle of Gettysburg.
During and after the battle, the house and outbuildings were used as an aid station and field hospital for soldiers of both armies.