96th Pa. Inf. Gettysburg Monument Replica
Signed and numbered edition of 1863
Gettysburg Monument Replica Collection, Monument. Cast in stone resin and bonded bronze, complete with all engraved wording.
Sized at 5.5" x 3" x 7.5"
Reproduction Created and Made in the United States by Gary Casteel
The monument to the 96th Pennsylvania Volunteers is south of Gettysburg on Wheatfield Road.
The regiment spent much of the battle holding the line lying in the muddy low ground around Plum Creek. The monument remembers this with a carved footprint in the “mud” next to the prone soldier, only visible from above the monument.
The 96th Pennsylvania was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Major William H. Lessig. It brought 356 men to the field and lost 1 man wounded.
It was dedicated in 1888 by the State of Pennsylvania.