74th Penna. Gettysburg Monument Replica
Signed and numbered edition of 1863
Gettysburg Monument Replica Collection, the 74th Penna Monument. Cast in stone resin complete with all engraved wording
Sized at 4" X 6" X 11"
Crafted and Made in the United States
The monument to the 74th Pennsylvania is north of Gettysburg on West Howard Avenue.
The granite monument stands just over seven and a half feet high, and represents the regiment’s fallen color bearer. The monument was dedicated on July 2nd, 1888.
The 74th Pennsylvania regiment was commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Colonel Adolph Von Hartung, a former Prussian Army officer. He was wounded in the leg on July 1, and Lieutenant Colonel Theobald Von Mitzel took command until he was captured in the the retreat through town. Command of the regiment then fell to Captain Henry Krauseneck. In January of 1864 Krauseneck was brought up on charges of cowardice for his conduct at Gettysburg; he was found guilty and allowed to resign.