3rd West Virginia Volunteer Cavalry
Gettysburg Monument Replica
Signed and numbered edition of 1863
Gettysburg Monument Replica Collection, Monument. Cast in stone resin, complete with all engraved wording.
Sized at 6" X 3.5" X 7"
Crafted and Made in the United States
3rd West Virginia Volunteer Cavalry at Gettysburg
The monument to the 3rd West Virginia Volunteer Cavalry Regiment is west of Gettysburg on Buford Avenue. It was dedicated on 28 September, 1889 by the State of West Virginia.
The granite monument is 7′ 6″ tall. The front face has an inset archway and inscribed with text underneath the crossed sabers symbol
Two companies of the regiment, A and C, bringing 59 men to the field and losing four men missing. They were commanded at the Battle of Gettysburg by Captain Seymour B. Conger, The 3rd was part of Cavalry Corps, 1st Division, 2nd Brigade.