The monument to 1st New York Light Artillery,
the East Cemetery Hill monument:
Sized at 5" x 4" x 8"
From the monument
Erected 1891 by the State of New York to commemorate
the detached men of Battery “E”, First N.Y. Lt. Artillery serving with “L” (Reynolds). – These works were built and held by Battery L, Lieutenant George Breck commanding against assaults of infantry and artillery during the second and third days of July 1863.
This monument committed to the care of a dear country we were proud to serve.