17th Penna. Cavalry Regiment
Signed and numbered edition of 1863
Gettysburg Monument Replica Collection, the 17th Pa. Cav Monument. Cast in stone resin and bonded bronze, complete with all engraved wording
Sized at 8" X 2" X 8.25"
Crafted and Made in the United States
The monument to the 17th Pennsylvania Volunteer Cavalry Regiment is northwest of Gettysburg on Buford Avenue.
The granite monument is just under twelve feet tall. It represents the carved relief of a mounted cavalryman standing on picket, carbine in hand. It was modeled after the regiment’s Sergeant George W. Ferree. On the reverse is the crossed sabers symbol of the Cavalry Corps. The monument was dedicated on September 11, 1889 by the State of Pennsylvania.